Sunday, October 12, 2008

5 senses

Recently I was commishioned by the parents of the 2007 graduating class of Five Senses Pre-School to paint the bathroom of their beloved school as a present for Joan, everyone's favorite pre-school teacher/owner/boo-boo kisser. I was told it was a small bathroom, half tiled and that they'd like an ocean scene painted in it. "Great!", I thought, "I bet I could get that done in a weekend!"

That was not the first time I've completely underestimated a job.


Here's the first day & a half:


Blank walls...I'm back at the Alamo:


This time though I somehow remained calm (after a small freak out)
and decided to start on the ceiling (and to wear my jammies apparently):

...12 hours later all the water was done and my arm was numb:
The next day, smelling of IcyHot, I went back bright and early to finish the background
layers and sand. I'm at the halfway point!:

At this point, possibly stemming from the fact that the icy/hotness of the morning only proved to aggrivate my shoulder pain, I was starting to convince myself that the room was done. It was after all an ocean scene already...maybe they wouldn't notice there aren't any animals...pre-schoolers don't even like cartoons. Clearly the talk of a girl who needs a sandwich and some motrin.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment