Monday, March 21, 2011

flower show

The Boston Flower Show was last weekend and if you're not familiar with it, it's kind of a big deal.   They have all sorts of florists and gardeners and landscape architects from all over the place and it's rather impressive. 
The show took place at the Seaport World Trade Center in South Boston and it was a massive show of amazing flowers and incredible displays.  I spent most of the day wandering around and saying, "I just can't believe they did all of this...I just can't believe this is inside."  Over and over.  I'm sure it wasn't annoying at all. 
But LOOK!  This is inside!!  INSIDE!  I can't believe they did that!  It was gorgeous.  Oh, and this too!!
A pond with a stone archway and giant boulder stepping stones?  No big deal. 

But hands down, my favorite part of the show was an amazing found object installation done by Fine Garden Art.  Every single thing in this display was found and put together, piece by piece by.  So creepy, awesome, radical.  I loved it!  

I felt so inspired that I went to work the next day and painted these huge daffodils on the window. 
Happy Spring!!


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. How many people can go to work the next day inspired and paint daffodils on windows?! That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks raindance...I feel pretty fortunate about that myself!

    ReplyDelete