This weekend's hurricane turned out to be nothing more than a Summertime Nor'Easter, in my neighborhood at least. It knocked down a couple of branches and soaked it's share of basements but all-in-all, I'd say she was pretty disappointing. Our power didn't even go out! How'm I supposed to get to use my brand new Eucalyptus & Mint scented "emergency" candle without a power outage? Unbelieveable. The real hurricane this weekend was in my studio.
I hate myself for even saying that.
But I really did get a lot done! I finished the Hawaiian themed name plate for Maggie (top), made a couple monkeys, one for Kate to give to her friend she affectionatly refers to as "Monk" and another one just cause the first one was so cute (above), and I painted this:
It's a 12x14" chunk of softwood painted with acrylic paint and finished with a couple layers of polyurathane. There's just a hint of raw wood left on the bottom, between the scales. It's a neat piece for a room that needs a pop of color or a little playfullness. More color combos/designs avaiable soon.
I didn't take a picture of the pile of the rest of the half finished projects I worked on this weekend though. Maybe I'll show you when you're older.Pin It