Thursday, August 18, 2011

National JACKFRUIT Taco Day


During a quick trip to 'Rado last weekend my husband and I finally got to try a restaurant my Fort Collins' friends have been telling us about and were dying to try called Tasty Harmony- where they made me the delicious taco below-
It's a Jack Fruit* taco and it kept making me go, "no seriously, honey, you have to try this."  It was so good and I loved the Jackfruit, I honestly thought it was chicken when I first saw it. 
*Jackfruit (above)» A huge fruit that grows in Southeast Asia. The bulk of the fruit is starchy with a slight artichoke flavor and when cooked has a meaty texture.

National Taco Day is in FORTY EIGHT DAYS!  Better get started on that mini sombrero. Pin It

1 comment:

  1. National taco day! Amazing :) I just found your blog through fabric is bliss. I'm from Denver. We love Ft Collins! Cute blog and shops.

    ReplyDelete