Tuesday, January 03, 2012

25 Cent Word!: Anthropomorphic

I learned a new word- anthropomorphic - suggesting human characteristics for animals or inanimate things, please be prepared for me to throw it around all the time now.  I feel like I just found out about jeans or something.  Like the entire world new there was a word for creepy smilinging vegetalbes, little girls with apple heads and hot dogs with faces happily grilling themselves except me.  It wasn't until I was using every single adjective in my vocabulary AND both hands trying to describe "those creepy teapots with faces...from the 50's...shaped like apples...you know?" that my sister-in-law said, "you mean like an anthropomorphic teapot?" 

Gah!  There's a word for that???  Amazing.

Now would be a great time to check out my brand new Anthropomorphic Label!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment