Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Before & After: the Painting Process

Makeover shows, be them human or residential, are a major weakness of mine.  Mostly because I love a good before-and-after picture.  I love seeing a neglected little kitchen in Iowa that hasn't been updated since Reagan was in office be turned into a gormet cookery fit for the White House.  It's so satisfying to see the design come to life and the before-and-after shot at the end is what makes it all come together.


The same is true for paintings.  Whenever I'm asked to do a custom painting I always start with a sketch to make sure the customer and I are on the same page.  Once the drawing is approved, I get 'er painted up and no many how many times I go through the process I still love seeing the before and after shot at the end.    

For instance, you can go from hand-colored sketch to nice looking piece of art (if I do say so myself):

From an idea in a notebook to a wall-sized triptych that is now the highlight of Lil' Dillon's room.  




From a basic scribble to a full-blown stadium.


From outline to outstanding....ya, I just said that.  

Click HERE to see more before-and-afters.  

And feel free to email me if you have an idea for a painting...or if you just want to talk about muffins. 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment