Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 3: Plastic Bottles in the Garden

It's 3 days 'til Earth Day and 30-days into Spring so today on the 10WAYS/10DAYS countdown I'm taking it to the garden with 5 easy ways to repurpose plastic water bottles in your garden.

You can use plastic soda bottles to create a hanging garden like Recyclart did.







Or use bottles as a cloche to protect young seedlings from weather and help them grow.









Another style of cloche from House and Gardening Addicts.







I love these clever self watering pots by Desperate Gardner.


http://www.desperategardener.com/2011/03/creative-containers.html









And finally, the automatic plant waterer by Practically Living.






I hope these ideas motivate you to reuse some things you already have...I'm off to dig in my recycle bin for inspiration right now!  

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment