Sunday, November 18, 2012

Getting Ready for Sadie: the Bedding


Getting the nursery ready for our upcoming bundle of squish has been really fun.  It's still weird to think that I'm going to be the Mom and that this is all for my own daughter but as our due date approaches (Jan. 1st!) it's becoming more and more real. 

Part of it feeling more real is that my Mom completed the crib set that she made for us for the baby shower and it came out cuter than I could have ever imagined!  We got the fabric from my friend Aurora's store, Fabric Bliss, which is located in Denver but they have a very easy-to-navigate online shopping feature.  I emailed Aurora and told her that I was looking for something "dainty but not girly, that coordinates but doesn't match, has a vintage feel and it can't be pink!"  Immediately she wrote back and suggested the Seaside collection from October Afternoon.  


And it's beyond perfect!!
All of the fabrics coordinate with each other but don't necessarily "match", the prints are dainty enough for a baby girl but not drowned in pink-on-pink and they have an adorably vintage feel that goes perfectly with the vintage feel we are going for in the nursery.  
My Mom also made this precious mermaid-tailed receiving blanket (her own design) and I can't get enough of it!  Thanks Mom!!  You're the greatest!



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Her room looks AMAZING! We need to see the belly before she gets here and then get some Sadie time this winter!

    ReplyDelete