Monday, February 28, 2011

I'm a Cucumber.

Today marks the official 90-day countdown to my wedding.  Or, as Amy refers to it, a quarter-of-a-year until my wedding day.  It makes it seem less daunting.

No matter how you slice it though, it's big.  It's huge and exciting and terrifying and radical and coming right for me and officially, today, it's real.  Before it was kind of just this party that Jer and I were putting together slowly and really taking our time but now, it's business time.  Now there are seating charts and port-a-pottys and hotel reservations and music selections and QUESTIONS to answer...so many questions!!  And I have a feeling it's going to get a lot worse in the coming months.  That's why, for Jeremy's safety, I've already switched to Decaf.  It was the right thing to do.


But, I'm not going to let the pressure get to me.  I'm going to stay cool, calm and collected.  I am, in Hilary's words, a cucumber.  I am going to enjoy the planning, embrace the decision making and snuggle right up to the constant tick-tocking in my head because this is supposed to be fun.

And come hell or high water I am going to make this fun, dag nabit!!

Pray for me.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment