Thursday, March 01, 2012

Lord of the Window Painting



 For March's window I painted traditional Irish Step Dancers on the window in the EU.  Well, the important half of Irish Step Dancers anyway- the dance-around-all-fast-and-high-kick part.  Step dancing, according to Wikipedia, is "Irish dancing, popularised in 1994 by the world-famous show Riverdance, is notable for its rapid leg and foot movements, body and arms being kept largely stationary."


Now, I've never actually tried Irish Step Dancing myself nor have I so much as attended an Irish Step Dancing show.   That being said, my connection to step dancing runs deep.   Deeper than the River Shannon herself, some say.  You see, I am featured four times in the Harvard College Irish Step Dancers promotional youtube video from March 2011.  

I know, I know, it's impressive but somehow I've managed to not let the fame get to me. 

You can see my work below at seconds:
39, 1:11, 1:20 & 1:29
-at 1:11 my delivery of the word 'egg' still makes me emotional to this day.  



Visit the Harvard College Irish Step Dancers facebook page for show information and more videos.   Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment