Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sadie the Incredible Mermaid Girl: D.I.Y. Traveling Side Show Mermaid Baby Costume



This year was my baby girl's first halloween as a dress-up-able-human and it was imperative that she have the perfect first Halloween costume.  I had originally had my heart set on her being the bearded lady in a side show but when she wouldn't leave the beard on I decided to take advantage of the fact that she's not walking yet and put her in some sort of a sack costume which also meant that I would need to decorate her stroller...which naturally led me to make her the Incredible Mermaid Girl in a traveling side show!



I created her stroller cover using foam core as the fish tank frame; blue fabric, glitter tulle & clear plastic Christmas ornaments for the water; and foam core for the signage & held it all together using a glue gun.  I attached the whole contraption to the stroller (a Britax B-agile) using Velcro Garland Tie and all that was missing was a fat little mermaid to go inside.



Enter one fat little mermaid.  


I have a tutorial on how to make the shell top for the costume here 
& the mermaid tail tutorial is in the works!  

I'd love to see pictures of your home-made Halloween costumes.  Happy Be-lated Halloween!!

Christmas here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment